Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Olympic Trio



I really know nothing about this group and can't read Greek so I can't find anything on the Internet. I assume they're actually called The Olympic Trio.  The music has touches of cheap synths and greek guitars. But here and there is a slight disco feel and it's fun.  

I bought this in the Oxfam shop in Marylebone and it's kind of fun.  I can't identify the track names but I think my favorite is Track B1.



Tracks.

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6

B1
B2
B3
B4
B5
B6
B7

4 comments:

Michael B said...

You really need to implement the like button. I really want to like it... or even better yet.. .a love button. This music is DOPE!

Anonymous said...

OK now this seems really weird...How did this cassette or CD reach the UK?... Anyway...here is some info concerning the Olympic Trio. This group doesn't exist anymore but it consisted of two brothers and their sister. All through the 70's and up to the early 80's they had a career in the U.S. They then returned to Greece, worked in Athens and in 1987 they returned to their "motherland" where they were born.... the beautiful island of SYROS. The songs that are listed are all written & composed by them..... Well, Those are the basics... Now i bet you are wondering where i got the info.. I got it first hand....cause there in that pic from left to right is my father George my aunt Maria and my uncle Franky Dacrotsis...the best bouzouki player ever!! its the greek guitar you were referring to.... here is some more info on youtube http://youtu.be/BZYpwByKdv0

best regards
Pavlos

p.s and the title of the record is "I love you Syros"

dalston shopper said...

wow!! That's amazing Pavlos. That's the best thing about doing this blog. Getting comments like that.

Anonymous said...

What a lucky to find this record about your father. Nice songs!!!

Dalston shoper nice work!
keep blocking!