Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oriantal Disco - Egyptian




I was loaned a batch of amazing african records by my friends Polly and Antony under the condition that I put some of them on the blog.  Unfortunately I have been slack at posting them.  But I finally went through and found an amazing 12" of Shakara with Fela Kuti and a fantastic LP from Yaka Lokito which I can't further identify.  I will put these up soon.  But firstly I was drawn to this great cover of Egyptian pop-ish  music from 1983.  It's not really western disco at all.  But I know nothing about this album or the artist.   The arabic on the cover translates as "rakasat" which means "dances" and "disco al sharq" which means means "disco of the orient".

Side 2



Gozy 

2 comments:

anthony faroux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bazounga said...

nice blog!

as requested on pauldurango's

you'll find some french bizarre here :

http://hellobazounga.blogspot.com/search/label/FRENCH%20BIZARRE