Tuesday, April 25, 2006



Technovisions
(not even listed as a cassette release on Discogs!)

This is a perfect example of the kind of thing you can find at the Dalston Oxfam Shop, 1993 goth/industrial/techno/trance on cassette that no one will likely have (or maybe want ?) in digital form. Listen up . . . some of these songs are actually almost exactly like The Knife and other rave revival stuff coming back. In particular, I recommend Kinetic (Orbital Mix) by The Golden Girls and Mihon 3 by Ongaku, who for some reason only released songs called Mihon. Apparently, Mihon 3 was party written by Uwe Schmidt (aka Atom Heart) who has now morphed into the lovely german latino Senor Coconut, one of my favorite very smart and ironic artists, who did the concept album interpreting Kraftwerk latin music style. Goes to show that you can't keep a good mind down, even if they start in minimal trance lande. Ongaku also released some tracks on a compilation called The Secret Life of Trance. uuuuh, does Trance really have a secret life?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-mazing!! love the idea! straight on my bookmarks!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING agreed!!

in the words of arnie "i'll be back!"

Unknown said...

Cheers for the fluokids comment mate.... Good to see my local Oxfam being patronised as well!

I'm promoting a new night at Barden's Boudoir monthly from June 17th called It Came From The Sea...

http://homepage.mac.com/nikondriver/voodoolily/

Rest assure you we'll afford you the special treatment befitting a fellow member of the blogosphere!

Casper

Unknown said...

not the most observant little blogger, are you?

I said I was a neighbour of yours, and the night would be at barden's Boudoir, 2 minutes up the road from oxfam Dalston!... The night is a Brighton ting, with our first London party coming on 17th june.... I'll let you know nearer the time any way- our playlists are on that website!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog so far!
A couple of the links in this post are broken...

The right ones are:
Livin' in Darkness - Top Buzz
The Opening - Clementine

dalston shopper said...

thanks for the tip on the broken links. no one has said anything, so obviously no one is really downloading them :)

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»