Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Personal pleasures - the driving podcast

People often ask me what I really like to listen to at home. Truth of the matter is that I really love pop and dance and weird stuff, which is exactly what I dj.  That's kind of what I'm known for.  Recently I got asked by How The Other Half Lives blog to do a collection of tunes I've liked for a long time that maybe I don't get to dj that I might listen to when I'm working at home or driving on a trip.  Many of these tracks wouldn't really fit into a dj set of mine but in each case they have some kind of quality which allows them to hook me in and just go on and on and on - great for background listening.

This is a mix of sort of pop techno, trance-ish world music, great african soukous and classic instrumental disco.

The Micronauts - The Jag
Charanjit Singh - Raga Todi
Ongaku - Mihon 3
Elasticoculture - Container Dreams
Tomas Andersson - The Other Day
Rita Indiana - Platanitos
Samba Mapangala - Adija
M'Bilia Bel - Faux Pas
El Coco - Cocomotion
Love Unlimited Orchestra - Forever in Love

Listen and download on How The Other Half Lives blog.

No comments: